I am finally feeling like I am making actual progress on the dress I am making because I have almost finished the bodice!
Class was a bit boring this week as I had to unpick what I had sewn at home. It was okay; I’d realised as soon as I finished sewing that I’d gone wrong. I was supposed to do an invisible seam around the armhole edges/side seams but I couldn’t figure out how. I got really confused with all the lining and the sleeves. My orienteering/coordination is terrible. I still couldn’t figure out how in class so it was lucky my lovely teacher had the patience to keep showing me again and again!
Even though all I did in class this week was unpicking and resewing, I’m proud I managed to do it all in an hour and a half (with some help) considering I could have caught a lot of fabric in the stitching but didn’t, so yay me!
And then when it was time to sew at home, I ironed on the interfacing for the waistband…
I also pressed the side seams ready for understitching. Then I did the understitching. I think my sewing machine needs to be serviced as it keeps getting stuck. I just need to find the time! Then I sewed the sides of the waistband. So all in all, I am very pleased with my dressmaking progress this week!
Tomorrow (11th June) is knit in public day. I will be knitting in public anyway as I will be working and I usually knit outside in the few minutes of freedom I have before I start work! I had a lovely day off today and visited Tetbury so decided to bring my knitting and got a couple of rows of my Mrs. Tiggy-winkle in there.
Which reminds me of another lovely day out recently. Last autumn I visited Stourhead and made a post about it, and one of my lovely readers “liked” the post, which reminded me I need to do an update! Here is Stourhead in Spring!
Happy knitting in public everyone and chat to you soon!